R.U.B.Y. Community Beautification Trailer
R.U.B.Y. is funded through a generous grant from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
- Must be used within Youngstown City limits.
- Trailer may be borrowed for a maximum of three days.
- Minimum of five households involved in the project or a group of five volunteers.
- Project must have a designated coordinator.
What is R.U.B.Y.?
R.U.B.Y. (Revitalization and Urban Beautification of Youngstown) is a 7' x 16' enclosed trailer, full of beautification tools and cleanup supplies that can be borrowed for FREE by residents and community volunteer groups to complete vacant lot and abandoned house cleanups, garden plantings, and any other beautification project you can imagine on public or abandoned land within the City of Youngstown. The trailer is loaned on a first-come, first-served basis, and Green Youngstown will deliver the trailer to and pick it up from the designated project area.
What does R.U.B.Y. include?
R.U.B.Y. contains the following tools that can be borrowed for FREE for use in your neighborhood!
- Lawn mowers
- Wood chipper
- Rakes, Shovels, Brooms
- Hedge trimmers, Loppers, Pruners
- Post-hole digger
- Bulb planters
- and much more...
- Always use good judgment and be safe. Watch out for all of the participants. Keep them in sight.
- If something looks suspicious or dangerous, call local law enforcement. Do not pick up or touch any suspicious or dangerous item.
- Promote recycling during the cleanup event. Use local curbside bins or drop off recycling at a Mahoning county drop-off site near the work site.
- If you need us to remove the trash and debris your group collected, please let us know BEFORE the event so we can schedule a crew to pick it up.
- Be sure to let us know the success of your event. We provide a Cleanup Summary Form when you get R.U.B.Y.
- Take a look at your work at the end of the event and note how much of a difference your efforts made.
- Have fun!
For more information about the R.U.B.Y. Community Beautification Trailer, call or e-mail Green Youngstown at 330.744.7526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.